Huddersfield vs Catalans
Super League
7:45pm Friday 13th September

John Smith’s Stadium

Clinch their survival in Super League and huddersfield came in 22-10 down to acquire a win over Catalans Dragons in the previous game of their season.
The Giants would have remained up no matter the result due to London Broncos’ 19-10 defeat at Wakefield – however they seemed destined for defeat and they were not to understand that.
But winger Louis Senior finished a hat-trick of attempts to initiate the fightback and after having a 10 minutes from the end to place the stage for England winger Jermaine McGillvary on the other flank to snatch a first home win since May.
It meant that the Catalans ended the season a way for Australian forward Greg Bird, with a fifth consecutive defeat to finish his career.
Without 11 senior players through injury, the Dragons played with plenty of excitement and energy and built a seemingly winning guide by Arthur Mourgue.
The Sam Tomkins, whose first-half hat-trick destroyed the Giants earlier in the season, kicked five goals from as many attempts to keep his side in pole position for a lot of the game.
Without needing any favours one of four teams in danger of the fall on the last day of the regular season, the Giants were determined to survive and they made the best possible start.
They led 10-6 midway through the first half the first following a super 60-metre move sparked by means of a break by Matt Frawley and the moment a gift after winger Robin Brochon fell Frawley’s large kick.
Tomkins was in the core of the Dragons’ assault along with his pass created the opportunity for his former Wigan Tierney to score their first attempt.
Half-back Mourgue, among 13 Frenchmen from the Dragons’ matchday squad made the running for Tierney’s second on 27 minutes that enabled the visitors to draw amount.
Tomkins nudged his side in front with his second touchline conversion and, even he raised the lead to 14-10 with a penalty four minutes until half-time , after seeing them induce a run of.
The Catalans claimed the momentum and, Mourgue jinked his way over following Benjamin Jullien was held up on the line.
When he added a second penalty to increase the lead on 51 seconds tomkins kicked his third conversion and there appeared no way back for the Giants.
However Lee Gaskell worked over for his try four minutes later after scooping up a stray Catalans pass 20 metres from his line, and the winger inserted a fourth 10 minutes.
Gaskell took over the duties and included the conversion to reduce the gap to two points and McGillvary restored his side’s lead with a try at the corner seven minutes.

Read more here: