Picture if the top-grossing sportsbook program in the country teamed up that thought would grow into its rival.
Well, that is almost exactly what happened today.
Fox Bet and fanDuel Sportsbook will continue to function as separate entities in the emerging NJ sports market even though both products parent firms announced plans to combine.
And at least for now, it is business as usual for both sportsbook programs.
But the long-term outcome of the merger is that the two of New Jerseys largest sportsbook brands under a single umbrella will be alongside poker websites and different online casinos.
Essentially, Flutter Entertainment, formerly Paddy Power Betfair, agreed to buy The Stars Group (TSG) on Wednesday at a $6 billion deal. The deal is expected to close in 2020.
Stars Group, of course, is that the firm behind PokerStars. Back in Mayit succeeds with broadcasting giant Fox to start the Fox Bet-branded NJ online sportsbook.
The rebranded BetStars app, fox Bet, launched last month ahead of the beginning of the NFL season. Pundits expected it to challenge FanDuel for the nations sports gambling crown thanks to its position.
But can FanDuel tie to all this?
The prior Paddy Power Betfair merged before the launching of legal NJ sports gambling giant FanDuel back in May 2018, with dream sports. The business has taken around the name because of its US operations.
And it has done well on its own, becoming the sports gambling performance in NJ. Additionally, it is definitively the best retail sports betting operation of NJ.
Flutter and Stars Group posted combined yearly earnings of $4.7 billion last year. This makes the company the biggest online gaming and sports betting operator around the planet.
The company maintain its listing on the London Stock Exchange, such as Flutter and will call Dublin, Ireland. Flutter investors will have nearly 55 percent of the company using the remaining 45% being owned by The Stars Group investors.
All this would be to state that Flutter and The Stars Group means a swath of NJ online gambling is under one umbrella.
Online websites operate in NJ including Betfair Casino, PokerStars Casino, and PokerStars NJ Apart from their sports betting brands.
It seems all the internet gambling products of the merged company will continue to operate as normal.
In the very least, Flutter CEO Peter Jackson said the firm remains committed to the higher-grossing Fox Bet and also FanDuel brands following the merger:
Nevertheless, Fox along with FanDuel Bet will proceed onto one operating system. It isnt known which stage will be the one. And both brands may continue to exist and function the New Jersey and Pennsylvania gaming markets they do.
This means FanDuel will continue to dominate in NJ and increase Fox Bet, together with its sister site in PA.
And bigger wills also grow in the US.
The combined company has secured sports betting access in as many as 24 countries.

Read more: